We found a stuffed Piglet toy on our driveway last week. He was ripped and surrounded by stuffing, but still seemed fixable, despite the pen markings on his head.
He sat on our coffee table for a few days until I got around to it, then I finally took it outside yesterday afternoon to sew while the kids played cards on the porch.
They were thrilled that I was sewing it and began pulling it out of my hand before I could finish.
I chose red thread, thinking that, of my on-hand choices, it was closest to pink. What I didn’t consider were my sewing abilities: I wouldn’t be able to hide the thread well, nor I am a smooth seamstress. My sewing also got considerably worse with children hanging on my arm, sitting on my lap, and pulling at my project.
In the end, Piglet’s head was indeed on him. He also looked like he had been slaughtered and sewed back Frankenstein-style. Stephen declared it a little creepy.
But little Neh Wey was thrilled!