Just a few notes about this week. Maybe interesting, maybe not.
– We’re getting to know our neighbors! We spent about an hour outside with the kids on Thursday morning and I came in with about ten flowers stuck in my hair. We played a little soccer and they hung on our arms. And apparently, we’re now best friends. The kids are much more comfortable and feel free to play with our gate (they push it open and closed, repeatedly). They also came into our yard today to play on the hammock, play with our broom, and look in our door. We’ll call this progress!
– We read our first Karen book this week! It was called “The White Bird and Turtle” and was only eight pages that took an hour to read, but we got the point and learned new vocabulary, so we’ll call that success, too.
– Stephen found me a free game on the iPad called “Ant Smasher”–and that’s simply it: you smash ants. He thought I would like it since I hate ants so much, and he’s right.
– I got shocked earlier this week. I was simply unplugging our hot pot to plug in the oven, and it somehow shocked me. My arm got really tense and my neck hurt for the next three days or so, but I guess that’s what you get for a dodgy electrical system.
– We officially have our own internet hooked up with our very own wireless router inside! We hope this means our internet will be more reliable from here on out, but we’re also trying not to get our hopes up.