Just a list of thoughts in my head at the end of the day.
- This car might be the end of us. Just two short months before we sell it for good, the battery decided to die this morning, demanding another $100 investment. At this rate, we’ll have the car rebuilt by the time we come around to selling it.
- My phone died, too. Have you had the privilege of meeting my phone? It fought a long, good fight, but finally bit the dust today. Luckily, I have yet another cheap phone from my sister that I can now use. The real downfall was that it died right as I was trying to get to the auto shop with a newly charged battery, trying to find out from Stephen what I’m supposed to say when I get to the auto shop, and then again when I was lost and my GPS couldn’t seem to locate my destination. Poor timing.
- We spent a whole lot of money again today. Not only on the car battery, but we’ve now purchased a new laptop and iPad for us to use at Partners. We needed to make the purchase before Stephen left Apple so we could get the discount, but our budget is taking a hit from every direction.
- The mall was decorated for Christmas, though, which made computer-purchasing and money-spending much better.
- We are officially at 52% of our monthly support! This is incredible. We are amazed at the generosity of those around us and God’s faithfulness to provide. Just 48% more to go and around $10,000 for start-up costs by January 19!
- And the highlight of the day: celebrating a dear friend’s 15th birthday tonight! We enjoyed ice cream sundaes (with only two major spills) and shared a lot of laughter. We taught them how to suck helium out of balloons, which is obviously an American classic! The beautiful sound of their laughter filled the room and then a few moments of silence as someone said, “Hi, my name is…” in a high voice…which of course, led to more laughter. I’ve never heard them all laugh so hard. Absolutely wonderful.