I cannot WAIT for Christmas this year. I really am just bubbling with excitement already.
I think it’s because I started shopping early. I typically wait until early December, but this year, since we won’t have jobs in early December, we thought it might be wiser to diffuse the expense. But now I can’t hardly wait to give the gifts we have, especially since I’ve had months for creativity to overflow.
I am also excited about
– warm things: mittens, scarves, winter coats, sweaters, tea, fires, blankets. All good things for us to enjoy during our last cold season for two years!
– pumpkin things, including bread, soup, curries, pie, etc.
– soups of all kinds. We’re already having soup for at least a couple meals a week, and since I usually do vegetarian…I’m sure Stephen is loving this.
– Christmas music of all kinds, including but not limited to: caroling, dancing; Amy Grant, Dolly Parton, Sarah McLachlan; O Little Town of Bethlehem, Joy to the World (two of my favorites)
– stockings. This is a wonderful idea.
– baking: decorating Christmas cookies, homemade cinnamon rolls, the aforementioned pumpkin bread, pumpkin pie, and other deliciousness.
– running in the cold, to offset the previously mentioned baked goods. I love running in leggings, a fleece, hat, and mittens! It’s such a conflict of interest as you sweat and it freezes, and it makes for quite a fun run. You certainly can’t stop.
– the North. We are going to Tennessee, Iowa, and Illinois in December, and these are all wonderful places to be around Christmas. All of them feel like a piece of home; that’s probably weird, but I love it.
– ornaments on the tree. And the tree itself! And picking one out at the store. And setting up the tree while we eat Christmas peanut M&Ms!
I’m nearly bursting by now. And it’s becoming evident, even in my blog, that I like lists. Lame.
(I just went to check “Kelli” on the side to clarify who this is. I’m sure you’re wondering, since Stephen is posting constantly and this sounds just like him. Gosh, he loves Dolly Parton and running!)